Our properties committee provides significant cost savings and other betterments to the University at Buffalo through an extensive portfolio of real estate holdings. In addition, the properties committee serves as the board of directors for four affiliates: UBF Corp.; FNUB, Inc.; University at Buffalo Foundation Incubator, Inc.; and UBF Faculty-Student Housing Corp.
Fiscal Year 2024
- Steven H. Shepsman
- Daniel M. Hamister
- Jean C. Powers
- Danielle E. Shainbrown
- Sujata Yalamanchili
Special Committee Member
- David Chiazza
- Ronald M. Schreiber
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for acquisition and acceptance of real property.
- Review, and report annually to UBF Board, on investment in real property, both individually and collectively.
- Review and report annually to UBF Board current real property holdings of UBF, including operating statements.
- Review and implement operating standards for all real property.
- Review appropriate reserves for capital expenditure.
- Consider acquisition or sale of real property in concert with the Finance Committee, and take appropriate action.
- Oversee a real estate gift acquisition program.
- Monitor properties UBF & Affiliates hold on a temporary basis to assist UB accomplish its mission.
October, January, May