Board Member Qualifications
Members of our board are selected for their distinguished achievements in business, their professional expertise, their commitment to advancing the University at Buffalo, and their belief in public service for public education.
In nominating board members, the executive committee looks for the following qualities:
- Dedication to the aims and objectives of UB and public higher education.
- Awareness of and access to individuals and organizations that can be encouraged to support UB financially and through volunteerism.
- Involvement in and contribution of financial support, priority time and/or personal expertise for the betterment of UB, its schools and its programs.
- Stature, influence, leadership and visibility within one’s profession and/or community.
- Commitment to utilize the full and diverse range of the board member’s personal and professional skills to increase the assets, effectiveness and importance of the UB Foundation as the primary enabling partner of UB.
“Our goal is to ensure that the UB Foundation is working for the betterment of the university.”
Greg Bauer, Board chairman