The investment committee promotes long-term stability for the UB Foundation and the University at Buffalo by overseeing our investments, including establishing performance measures and reviewing goals.
Fiscal Year 2022
- Gregg S. Fisher
- Daniel A. Sperrazza
- Jason L. Bird
- Anthony B. Martino
- Thomas S. Quealy, Jr.
- Justin Reich
- D. Scott N. Warman
Special Committee Members
- Geoffrey Gerber
- Allen F. Grum
- Kathleen M. Hamm
- Arthur F. DuC. Musarra
- James J. Palmisciano
- Vera Richman
- Christian-Ioan Tiu
Purpose of the Investment Committee
- Understanding the risks in various investment strategies
- Measuring and monitoring risks
- Ensuring that the UB Foundation has been appropriately rewarded for these risks
All members shall have a basic understanding of investments and be able to read and understand various investment reports, and at least one member of the committee shall have investment and related investment management expertise.
The Investment Committee’s duties and responsibilities are to include the following and are further codified in the Investment Policy Statement:
- Oversight of the long-term investment pool and, at least annually, report on same to the Board.
- Establishment and maintenance of a written Investment Policy Statement, including an appropriate spending policy, asset allocation targets, and performance metrics.
- Selection of investment consultants/advisors, custodians, investment managers, as well as other third-party providers.
- Compliance with UBF’s conflict of interest policy.
- Compliance with the provisions of all pertinent federal and state laws and regulations.
- Review of this charge annually or as often as necessary and recommend changes, of any, to the boards and perform any other activities consistent with this charge that the boards seem appropriate.
- Maintain an education program on investments for the benefit of the board, committee members and staff.
- Comply w/terms of UBF’s contracts with advisors and managers.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information provided by the Foundation or its investment advisor to Investment Committee members.
Investment Policy Statement
August, December, March, June. Subcommittees meet on specific topics as needed.